ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Appnews.net - A new collaboration between some of our favorite software bloggers

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rarst:
Hi. :) Less known part of project here.

Thank you for the writeup. As Martin said above site itself is more like front-end for the RSS feed with updates, which is core of it all. For those interested in technical side I had posted some details.

I made first version of feed for my blog and it worked fine for my readers. Much later I decided to make things more interesting and useful - and with help and input from Martin and Samer it gradually developed into Appnews.

It is very young (like three days since release) project and there are quite a few ideas and people flocking around it already. All feedback is welcome and all suggestions will be actively considered for future development. TIA

mouser:
Welcome Rarst  :up:

For those like me who didn't know about Rarst's site before this, it's definitely worth a visit as well!
http://www.rarst.net/

40hz:
Hi Rarst!

Very nice site. Saw the notices on gHacks and Freeware Genius and paid you an early visit. Added you to my feed list this morning. Thanks especially for the link to the technical details of how you set things up. Very informative.

Luck! :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Rarst:
@40hz

Nice you mean Rarst.net or Appnews? :) Having two sites is kinda confusing. Thanks anyway and glad you find mess of cool tech stuff inside of Appnews interesting.

urlwolf:
Could this idea be integrated with some kind of multi-installer?
One thing where linux beats other OS is updating software. One command, and all software in your computer is updated. In windows, not only do you need to find the upgrades and download them 'by hand', but also you need to do a few clicks each, and type admin pwd for each (!).

I know there are some attempts for windows to track updates to installed software (can't remember the name now!).
Say that I subscribe to this feed, and there's something installed on my computer that knows how to dl the apps. Then, after review, one admin pwd would install all apps.

Is this setting possible?
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version