ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

character encoding keeps changing to Cyrillic in WinXP

<< < (2/2)

muntealb:
yes i did but i couldn't find the 2nd item: "Language for non-Unicode programs". here are the screenshots from PC.
 -lanux128 (May 05, 2009, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's easy to find it. There are 3 tabs in the main window (Regional and Language Options) :

Regional Options
Languages
Advanced

The setting for non-Unicode programs is in the Advanced tab.

lanux128:
It's easy to find it. There are 3 tabs in the main window (Regional and Language Options) :

Regional Options
Languages
Advanced

The setting for non-Unicode programs is in the Advanced tab.-muntealb (May 05, 2009, 11:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks i found it but the setting is the same as yours..

lanux128:
Just guessing...

1. Try to delete fonts cache file (C:\WINDOWS\system32\FNTCACHE.DAT) and restart your PC.-fenixproductions (May 05, 2009, 09:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

no, it didn't work..

2. remove all non-english localisation settings (like Cyrillic support) and install again after restart,-fenixproductions (May 05, 2009, 09:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

i don't how to do this.. :(

3. export two registry keys and compare them with ones from correctly working Windows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Font
-fenixproductions (May 05, 2009, 09:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

i compared with another PC and they were almost the same except for some app-installed fonts.

4. there is possibility that system fonts (System, Fixedsys, Small Fonts, MS Serif, MS Sans Serif, Courier, Arial CE, Courier New CE, Times New Roman CE, Helv, Tms Rmn) are corrupted, so you can always take them from other PC and install again,-fenixproductions (May 05, 2009, 09:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

haven't got down to this yet, maybe i should have the repair CD on the standby..

lanux128:
4. there is possibility that system fonts (System, Fixedsys, Small Fonts, MS Serif, MS Sans Serif, Courier, Arial CE, Courier New CE, Times New Roman CE, Helv, Tms Rmn) are corrupted, so you can always take them from other PC and install again,-fenixproductions (May 05, 2009, 09:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

haven't got down to this yet, maybe i should have the repair CD on the standby..-lanux128 (May 06, 2009, 12:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

ok, i've also done this. i extracted the system fonts from the WinXP CD and installed them again but no avail. i did a full-system scan for malware but again came to nought. i'd been thinking of reinstalling windows if there can't be any other solution. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version