ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Rubber Ducky - a small, fun resource monitor

(1/3) > >>

40hz:
This was a recent find over at xtort.net

MimarSinan Rubber Ducky System Monitor is a small system performance monitor that reports on your RAM and swapfile use, network traffic, plus hard drive and CPU activity levels. No big deal since dozens of other programs do that already. But what makes Rubber Ducky unique is the display. It uses a small "aquarium" complete with little rubber duck that sits above your system tray. Each element in the aquarium means something.

System Information at a Glance

* small aquarium sits above the system tray
    * elements of the aquarium represent system information
    * see what is slowing down your system at a single look

Available Performance Monitors

* water level: RAM usage
    * water color: SWAP file usage
    * bubbles: CPU usage
    * fish: NETWORK traffic
    * plants: DISK activity

--- End quote ---

Download link: http://www.mimarsinan.com/rubberducky.asp

Cute and unobtrusive. If you're tired of squinting at tiny numbers and graphs, but still want something to help you keep a rough eye on what your system is up to, give Rubber Ducky a try.

:Thmbsup:

mouser:
fun idea  :up:

4wd:
I still like the old System Load indicator from my Amiga days.

It was called Flynn and basically it was the animated face of the main character from Doom who sat on Workbench, (Desktop equivalent), and looked left/right, etc but when the load started to get heavy he progressively got more bloody and haggard.

lanux128:
yes, quite creative i must say.. 8)

40hz:
I still like the old System Load indicator from my Amiga days.

It was called Flynn and basically it was the animated face of the main character from Doom who sat on Workbench, (Desktop equivalent), and looked left/right, etc but when the load started to get heavy he progressively got more bloody and haggard.

-4wd (April 30, 2009, 08:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Love it. Very dark humor.

Hmmm...maybe somebody can come up with a Resident Evil version? The more your system degrades, the more angry Alice's expression becomes?

(Hey, I'll take any excuse to get Milla Jovovich's lovely visage on my screen. :-[)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version