ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

30 PC Games to Play Before You Die

<< < (4/7) > >>

wraith808:
Indeed. Mirror's Edge, Postal 2 (WTH!)... you're not missing anything if you do not play those two.
-Lashiec (April 30, 2009, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
I thought the premise of Mirror's Edge looked cool... why didn't you like it if you don't mind me asking...

And I really hate sites that divide their articles into little snippets to increase their pageviews.
-ghacks (April 30, 2009, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here, here!  I really like some of Entertainment Weekly's articles, but they always separate their list into separate pages.

I have 90% of these games at home and played about 20% of them.
-Crush (May 01, 2009, 06:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

You sound like me- more money than time to play.  Especially now that I've gotten into MMOs..

p3lb0x:
I have played 23 of those :O oh god

lanux128:
I have played 23 of those :O oh god-p3lb0x (May 01, 2009, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

OMG, indeed! in fact, i don't know why but i feel a slight pang of envy.. :D

Lashiec:
I thought the premise of Mirror's Edge looked cool... why didn't you like it if you don't mind me asking...
-wraith808 (May 01, 2009, 08:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's a fine game and all that, but frankly it pales in comparison with some of the masterpieces they list on the article, and it's not exactly one of the first games that would come to my mind in a list (book, actually :D) of recommendations (quite the contrary, actually).

Just to clarify, I have played a good chunk of the PS3 version, but not finished it yet

Shades:
From all the games in this list I played only 'Planescape: Torment'.

And I totally, utterly and completely agree with the text in the article. What a breath of fresh air in the genre. Amazing twist and turns in the storyline, graphics stand the test of time and of course Morte. Who wouldn't like a floating skull (with eyes!) as a degenerate, witty, offensive, 'politically incorrect' and scheming sidekick. Life will never be boring and since you cannot die...

That character made the game for me. Played it last year and although it is a really old game, you can play it straight on a P4 with WinXP SP2 without DosBox or tools to slow down your PC. Excellent stuff from BioWare!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version