ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a text editor that can colorize text

<< < (3/7) > >>

kartal:
housetier, probably it can. I know how powerful it is but I have no knowledge of its scripting so i was looking for a ready made app. If I cannot find any I am going back to Vim :)

4wd:
What about SciTE ?

Both Notepad++ and Notepad2 are based on it and both it and they have code highlighting which is rule based I believe.

Also, PSPad allows you to edit the highlighter settings.

kartal:
Well as I said I am not looking for code highlighting. What I am looking for is an advanced text pattern processor kind of thing that can analyze the text and create different color blocks based on words, repeats, indents, based on anything text pretty much. Trying to create rules for this kind of stuff is I doubt possible with those editors. It looks like Vim scripting is not that hard I will try later somethings with it.

MilesAhead:
What about SciTE ?

Both Notepad++ and Notepad2 are based on it and both it and they have code highlighting which is rule based I believe.

Also, PSPad allows you to edit the highlighter settings.
-4wd (May 01, 2009, 01:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Speaking of Scite.. do you happen to know how to bring up an ahk script without folding?  Most of my scripts are 2 screens so I really don't need them folded.  Drives me nuts to have to open the menu and hit the Toggle All Folds every time I open a script. (If I can sneak in a tech support question here) :)

MilesAhead:
Well as I said I am not looking for code highlighting. What I am looking for is an advanced text pattern processor kind of thing that can analyze the text and create different color blocks based on words, repeats, indents, based on anything text pretty much. Trying to create rules for this kind of stuff is I doubt possible with those editors. It looks like Vim scripting is not that hard I will try later somethings with it.
-kartal (May 01, 2009, 01:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm, you might be able to code it into Emacs if you're willing to lisp(probably supports other script languages by now but lisp is the only one I'm sure about.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version