ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Feature Request: protect specific applications from taming

(1/1)

d0s4d1:
Hi,

I *love* ProcessTamer, so thank you Mouser! After 2 years of using it I finally thought of a way to improve it.

In addition to the rules that set an application to specific priorities like Above Normal etc, there could be a drop-down value for "Don't Tame" which will allow the program to set its own priority and not be tamed even if it's using 100% of resources for an extended period.

This would be useful for Nero.exe, which seems to raise its priority to High when actually burning. I don't want to have to leave it foreground in order to protect it, but I don't want to Force High because when it's not really burning it doesn't usually want to be at that priority level.

So there's my idea! Hope it gets consideration. Thanks again!

:Thmbsup:
~Nicole

mouser:
Hi Nicole,

You can do this already - just set the rule as "Ignore" and Process Tamer won't modify it's priority no matter what.  :up:

d0s4d1:
omg!!!!! thanks Mouser . . . . . now why didn't I see that option there before? Did you just sneak in a top-secret invisible automatic update last night like Micro$oft does????? j/k   lol                thanks :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version