ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

JkDefrag further developed as MyDefrag

<< < (6/8) > >>

yksyks:
IMHO the finest details using the single screen pixels instead of larger squares that cover bunch of clusters at once is more precise and for me thus giving more confidence. Also the detailed zoom and information about the file under the cursor are significant improvements, if you are interested in what's going under the hood.

Regarding the colors, they are explained here and could be changed in the scripts or using the GUI mentioned above.

MilesAhead:
I think it's one of those things like the vi editor.  If you delve into it, you can do a lot with it.  But it's off-putting to the newbie.

yksyks:
I agree, there are many applications like this, but MyDefrag can be effectively used even without any knowledge. Just run one of the supplied script and that's all. Which is what I'm doing, because they do all I need, and besides, I admit I'm lazy to delve into the script language. But unlike with the vi editor I don't have to.

sajman99:
When I view the MyDefrag statistics, I don't see a percentage like JkDefrag provided-- % of all items/% of disk. Seems like that's important data to have within eyesight.

MilesAhead:
I agree, there are many applications like this, but MyDefrag can be effectively used even without any knowledge. Just run one of the supplied script and that's all. Which is what I'm doing, because they do all I need, and besides, I admit I'm lazy to delve into the script language. But unlike with the vi editor I don't have to.
-yksyks (September 04, 2009, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

The way I resolved it, I just dragged the Optimize Daily script onto my Selector launcher.

To run it I click on Text Parameter radio button, type the drive letter with colon in the input line, then select the short name for the script, and press the Go Button. Only that partition is defragged.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version