ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

JkDefrag further developed as MyDefrag

<< < (4/8) > >>

f0dder:
MilesAhead: the .exe file takes command-line arguments - so you can launch it with "C:" and have it only defrag that partition :)

MilesAhead:
You sure that isn't cheating?  :)

Thanks. :)

MilesAhead:
Hmmmm, I caught myself messing with editing the shortcut, then lightbulb went off.  Use my own software!!  Dragged Fast Optimize shortcut onto Selector.  That way I can enter any drive on the Text param input line instead of having a bunch of shortcuts.

tomos:
Speaking of MyDefrag, I'm trying it out now. But it seems like it want scripts and you have to pick drives by category. 
-MilesAhead (September 02, 2009, 11:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

doesnt sound very user friendly . .

MilesAhead:
Speaking of MyDefrag, I'm trying it out now. But it seems like it want scripts and you have to pick drives by category.  
-MilesAhead (September 02, 2009, 11:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

doesnt sound very user friendly . .
-tomos (September 03, 2009, 01:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is a bit different.  I guess that's why the JkDefragGUI programmer is going to come up with a GUI for it.  As f0dder pointed out, it just needs a command line param added of x: to limit it to drive x:

edit:  btw it's easy to forget in Windows that you can pass params to shortcuts.  When you drop a file on a desktop icon and click "open with" Windows adds the filename to the end of whatever command line params are in the shortcut already. Comes in handy for dragging the shortcut onto a launcher or other means of passing the param, instead of just using the exe file path.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version