ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any freeware alternatives to Faststone MaxView?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Lashiec:
MaxView is shareware but its bigger brother is still freeware... how weird.

Oh well, I recommend ArtSee as tomos suggests. Another option could be Universal Viewer, even if it's far more than a picture viewer.

superboyac:
MaxView is shareware but its bigger brother is still freeware... how weird.
-Lashiec (April 30, 2009, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ha!  That is weird.

tomos:
to me some of the most important things in a viewer are that you can

* easily zoom, and
* easily zoom into a selected area
ArtSee doesnt seem to allow one to zoom into a selected area (?)
It's a very stylish viewer, designery even .. at times this distracts form what it's supposed to do -
I'm talking about the way it fades or changes from one image to the next - the way it does this varies from one image to the next and can be distracting I find. I like the way it zooms out - it makes image smaller but keeps the original image in the back - if you keep reducing image you get more and more layers of images reducing in size. Again, this might be distracting at times, but as I say, I like it.
I notice it says "Free for personal use" on the about page ... (there's also a donate button there)
Maybe I should contact the author and/or donate (I'll be keeping it)

Imagine:
I couldnt install it but the zip version is portable so that works okay
It doesnt seem to allow one to zoom into a selected area either (?)

Edvard:
Is there any license restriction against XnView?

They have a new multi-platform version in beta right now. Built with Qt4. Looks real nice. I'm going to be testing it over the next week or so.

tomos:
Is there any license restriction against XnView?-Edvard (May 01, 2009, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

from the download page
XnView & NConvert are provided as Freeware for private non-commercial, educational use and
non-profit organization. Commercial use is not authorized without agreement or orderingcould be worth a shot just to ask?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version