ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any freeware alternatives to Faststone MaxView?

<< < (6/7) > >>

Kamel:
FastPictureViewer - seriously, it is soooo fast, double-click on an image and bam it's there, left+right clicks do different zooms etc.....
-Fedorov (May 06, 2009, 05:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

$30 but FREE 'today' only: http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/fastpictureviewer/

It really is FAST  :up:
-Curt (October 05, 2009, 05:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

just wanted to say, THANKS for this post! I got this image viewer, and while it's not the end it all ultimate final software for viewing images, it certainly has its place and being a photographer, you can certainly appreciate the emphasis they put on helping the user quickly view and sort large resolution images from a digital camera dump. I'm sure I'll get the different nuances of this program down soon and will never look back at my previous methods of sorting new images from my camera.

I _HIGHLY_ recommend this software to anyone looking for a fast image viewer.

Remember to go into the options as there are some very important ones that are not enabled by default (namely, hardware support and if applicable better downsampling/upsampling quality [only use with hardware support enabled])

yksyks:
Just found FastPictureViewer Professional for free at ghacks.net Christmas Giveaway. Still valid for some 13 hours! (And it's available for all this time, no drawing or contest.)

Anyway, I'm not that happy with it--no PSD support, for example. I'll probably stay with the last free version of FastStone MaxView, which is similarly fast, can handle PSD files and has more sophisticated zoom tools.

shobazi:
Try infraview..it works fine with ur requirement

lanux128:
Try infraview..it works fine with ur requirement-shobazi (January 03, 2010, 06:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

if you meant IrfanView, the OP wanted something free and could be used at work. :)

I was going to say Irfanview...but that is only free for home use also.-superboyac (April 28, 2009, 05:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

zridling:
Although it's a different platform, Gwenview used by KDE is highly customizable and does basic editing, EXIF, and file management. Comes free on any KDE-based Linux installation. Of course, the one thing I love is its customizable keyboard shortcuts for every part of the app.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version