ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Best Of: text editors

<< < (25/36) > >>

rjbull:
In the recent EmEditor 9 beta, the author introduced the CSV mode which is very handy.
Most of my scientific data are saved in csv and EmEditor 9 is the only text editor can display it nicely. (except those sluggish spreadsheet program)
-cecilyen (October 06, 2009, 03:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think UltraEdit can instantly convert CSV into neatly-spaced columns.  For quick looks at small CSV files intended for import into Excel, I used to use List² (ListSquared) which is great for that job.  Warning - the ListSquared Web site is up and down like a yoyo.

AbteriX:
Great review, tranglos (i have miss that at that time  :( )

If someone has tested HippoEDIT and can't sell the price:
Do not miss! We will soon be featuring HippoEDIT on Bits du Jour,
Bits du Jour will be offering HippoEDIT on Thursday 22 October, 2009 at the dramatically reduced price of $15.00 (63% off).
--- End quote ---

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/hippoedit/

TucknDar:
I'm getting a license for HippoEdit. Already own a license for EditPadPro, but I really like some of HippoEdit's features and $15 is definitely affordable :)

Tuxman:
Phew ... I wonder if there is one thing that EmEditor or UltraEdit can but Vim can't ...  :-*

Srsly, I can't understand people paying for text editors. If they really need a bloated programming IDE instead of a text editor, they should learn about Eclipse...

f0dder:
Phew ... I wonder if there is one thing that EmEditor or UltraEdit can but Vim can't ...  :-*-Tuxman (October 18, 2009, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
Handle huge files efficiently? :)

Srsly, I can't understand people paying for text editors. If they really need a bloated programming IDE instead of a text editor, they should learn about Eclipse...-Tuxman (October 18, 2009, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
For what it does, Eclipse isn't bloated, especially considering how much of it's functionality is provided through (optional) modules. Somewhat CPU-heavy and slow-loading, but imho it's not too bad when you need an IDE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version