ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Best Of: text editors

<< < (5/36) > >>

superboyac:
Really?  Aren't you the author of the late, great Keynote?  i wrote a eulogy about you a while back.
-superboyac (April 27, 2009, 05:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Guilty as charged. But I'm not a real programmer just like I'm not a real dancer even though I can dance, kind of. I am constantly amazed at the number of things that real programmers know and I have no idea about :)

-tranglos (April 27, 2009, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'll consider you a programmer.  Keynote was one of the very first programs that got me started on this whole obsession with software.

here's my mini eulogy...i remember writing that one.

mahesh2k:
Where is Notepad ++ ?

tranglos:
Where is Notepad ++ ?
-mahesh2k (April 27, 2009, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Right here :)

But if you're asking why I didn't mention it - it's because I don't use it and don't have much to say. If you feel like it, please add your thoughts on Notepad++ or other editors I did not include.

mahesh2k:
Yeah, sure i'll post about it.

superboyac:
Hey, I'm not a (real) programmer, either! I certanly don't use text editors for programming. It doesn't matter what you use a text editor for. In fact I see too many features in text editors that are geared towards coding, as if the authors of text editors were all vying for the same audience, while there isn't always enough attention paid to other kinds of use.
-tranglos (April 27, 2009, 04:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
Could you tell me what you use a text editor for if not for programming?  If that's true, then i'm in the same situation as yourself.  But I don't know what features to look for in a text editor.  And i feel like everyone else that talks about text editors focuses on the programming, so i never can relate.  So, I'm interested in what you are looking for.  Once i understand, I can help you find a program that may satisfy you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version