topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 5:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Nitro PDF Pro v6 US $40  (Read 4961 times)

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nitro PDF Pro v6 US $40
« on: April 09, 2010, 09:35 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/...?hash=item19baf7bf1e

This not the one with OCR built in, but for a good PDF program, it's a good deal.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Nitro PDF Pro v6 US $40
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 08:52 AM »
I have no use for such a  program, but it's nice that all proceeds from this sale go to charity.  :up:

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 12:32 PM »
What do you use for PDF, Innuendo. Just curious is all.
I still use Nitro but would use Adobe if I needed to.
Printing to the Nitro printer is easy and comes out very good.
I use that for saving things that I need to save for a while,
as well as for communication when needed.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 02:38 PM »
What do you use for PDF, Innuendo. Just curious is all.

Well, I don't use anything for PDF...other than Foxit Reader. I have no need to create PDFs, only read them.

However, for those needing to create them, this certainly looks like it may be the way to go.

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 07:38 AM »
I bought it mostly because I have been using their PrimoPDF free export-to-pdf tool (tested a few and this one worked most consistently) - it had a few features that seemed handy and why not buy from the people who give a good free tool? (they have several single focus freeware apps=

At full price Nitro was a bit too much (i could use some features but many are lost on me) but with the rebate it was a better fit.

My main PDF needs besides just "save as" has been with °§¬|@ expense reports. Theoretically I'm supposed to scan receipts, upload them into the system, then print a summary report, sign it, scan it back and send it to india for checking... Alas I am on the road a lot on this project and finding and using printers and scanners are not what I want to waste time on. So I have been combining different tools (digital camera, photo editor, pagemanager) to avoid using a printer or scanner.

What nitroPDF adds that I didnt have with pagemanager is the ability to swap a page within the PDF if I got something wrong. What I hoped it would have that it doesn't is the pasting of a vector version of my signature - for that I still have to use Inkscape. But as Inkscape only allows single page PDF editing, the page swapping of nitro helps :)

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 10:44 AM »
What I hoped it would have that it doesn't is the pasting of a vector version of my signature - for that I still have to use Inkscape.

Would it be acceptable to have a separate PDF of your signature, and add it to the end of the main data PDF using, say, PDFTK, if you want a freeware?

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 12:55 PM »
What I hoped it would have that it doesn't is the pasting of a vector version of my signature - for that I still have to use Inkscape.

Would it be acceptable to have a separate PDF of your signature, and add it to the end of the main data PDF using, say, PDFTK, if you want a freeware?

It probably would be - the first time I did my expenses I hadnt figured out the inkscape trick so I just sent my signature in the email recopying the "this expense report is correct and accurate" blah blah, and it went through :)

Right now I open the one page that needs a signature in Inkscape, paste and resize my svg signature on the dots where the document expects it (converted from an old wmf i did years ago), save the one page to a new file, and open the original file all in nitro to replace that page with the new one in the document.

Sounds like a lot of work? you should hear what I have to do with the receipts to emulate a "scan to pdf"

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 01:15 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/...?hash=item19baf7bf1e

This not the one with OCR built in, but for a good PDF program, it's a good deal.

I would say the deal is (almost) awesome! Nitro is so much better quality than any other pdf editor you can have for $40.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 02:42 PM »
Sounds like a lot of work?
Sounds like a candidate for a macro!  :)