ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Top Greasemonkey userscripts that you use

<< < (7/8) > >>

app103:
Not really a GreaseMonkey script per se but almost as good:

GreaseFire
When you visit a web page that has compatible user scripts on Userscripts.org, this extension will highlight the Greasemonkey icon in the status bar. Right click the Greasemonkey icon and choose the "X scripts available" item to see and install the scripts available for the current page.
--- End quote ---
(see attachment in previous post)
I've picked up some interesting site specific scripts using it.

NOTE: You'll probably need to override compatibility to install in FireFox 3.5+ but it still works.
-4wd (November 24, 2009, 12:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

This would be great if there was a way to mark scripts it has found as "not interested" and them not to be shown again when you visit that site in the future. That way you would know about new scripts and not have to check each time you visit and sift through what could be a huge list on some sites.

For example, it shows me stuff when on DC that wouldn't be very useful because of the content of this forum isn't what would be intended for the script. (there is one specific to a certain type of movie forums running on smf) I don't want to see that every time I visit DC, but if there was anything new, I'd love to see that instead.

IainB:
After mentioning the Textarea Backup userscript in making this comment:
@Curt: Yes. I use Textarea Backup, from userscripts.org. Seems to work unfailingly, and well.
There are more scripts there of the same/similar name, but this one has over 58,000 downloads, so has presumably been found to work well by lotsa people.
-IainB (January 11, 2013, 01:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
- I was reminded to revive this Top Greasemonkey userscripts that you use thread with a picture of current userscripts that I have got enabled in Firefox v19ß:

hamradio:
Script Summary: Removes ads and unwanted sections (configurable), allows downloading and resizing videos, changes the default video quality, expands the description and the video size, can prevent autoplay and autobuffering, etc...-Mindeye
--- End quote ---

I use -> YousableTubeFix and like it.

Curt:
I recommend not updating Greasemonkey at the moment. Version 1.6 has given my Waterfox annoying delays and "does not answer". When I disabled Greasemoneky, the problem disappeared.

IainB:
Moved from Re: Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful, where I had put it by mistuk:

I have just come across: GoogleMonkeyR
Looks very useful and I am trialling it now.
Found a link to it at CNet, here: A six-pack of useful Greasemonkey scripts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version