ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Top Greasemonkey userscripts that you use

(1/8) > >>

lanux128:
after some time using Greasemonkey i was going through installed scripts for i had accumulated quite a number. i want to remove redundant (upgraded to add-ons) and not so frequently used ones.. there are some gems in there like Simplepedia, Twitter results in Google, Text-area Backup and Better (…) series from Lifehacker but i am wondering if there are any special recommendations from fellow DC'ers. so if you had found or wrote a fantastic user script, please share here.. :)

rgdot:
The only one I have used recently and then only on and off is Google Fx, useful for image results not so much for other searches or gmail in my opinion

app103:
I don't have that many, and most of the ones I have are to make the new FriendFeed beta more bearable, like adding back the service icons and turning it into a widescreen version that looks a whole lot cleaner.

Other than that kind of stuff, there is these:

TinyURL Decoder - decodes urls from over 100 different shortening services
Download from YouTube - Adds FLV, MP4, 3GP, and 720p download links to YouTube.
ewemoa's date script for DC - to help thwart necro-spamming

IainB:
For what it's worth:
I use the Google web apps.: Gmail, Calendar and Reader.
To support these, I use the LifeHacker Add-Ons that support them (with some functionality switched off, because I don't want all of it).
I also use related Greasemonkey scripts:
* Google Reader New Style Minimalistic by DemianGod
* Gmail 3.0
* G3P0 Productivity PlugIn
* LabelLinks4Gmail

The latter 3 are pretty novel, and all by the same author, I think, and seem to overload the 2 CPUs (CentrinoDuo) in my Toshiba laptop, causing overheating and the fan to come on a lot (I use SpeedFan). So I enable them on an as-needed basis.

In particular, LabelLinks4Gmail is *absolutely fantastic*, but seems to slow down Gmail response to a crawl whilst overloading the CPUs.

nosh:
IMDBAge
IMDB Ratings Adder
Multi-Column view of Google search
Twitter search results on Google
ewemoa's DC script (slightly modified)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version