ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Right Click any file and create New Folder by its Name

<< < (57/57)

jbro:
Hi Everyone :) I just want to say I am a massive fan of this app. I have used it for years now, working well on Win11, I always need to organise a lot of media, and this is always the first tool i use. I've searched high and low, and I cannot find any other software that achieves what I want so quickly and easily.

I am a little saddened to see the last update was many years ago, with Win11's stupid new smaller right-click context menu, this app is consigned to the "more options"  :( :(
Wouldn't it nice to have this working on the new context menu, one can only dream  :Thmbsup:

Anyway, now that I found the author and this site, i'll chuck them a handy 20 dollarydoos  :D

Have a great day

publicdomain:
with Win11's stupid new smaller right-click context menu, this app is consigned to the "more options"-jbro (July 19, 2023, 07:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Registry edit @ https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/get-classic-full-context-menu-windows-11/

"You have to make sure to Log Off Windows and then Log On again and it will work. I just tried it. The key is logging OUT of Windows and then logging IN."
-D

:Thmbsup:

kingguz:
I've got the same problem as noted by Cinematic6436, above. The difference is, I'm running Windows 11. A fresh install of Win 11 was done on a new machine in May of 2022. files2folder ran fine until about April or May of 2023, then suddenly stopped working. I assumed a Windows Update killed it. I re-installed, several times, nothing seems to help. I tried the Registry action listed above. Only found TWO instances of files2folder in the Registry, but I deleted them both. End result?  Still have the same problem, with the same error message. BUT, I did manage to kill ALL internet access in the process! I've done MANY Registry edits in the past without problems, but who knows...Windows is a strange, unforgiving beast. Anyway, a Restore from a Back-Up-Point solved the problem.

So, any chance the author could "fine-tune" the program to make it work like it used to? I'd gladly donate, if it can be made to work again....

kingguz:
Well, Windows 11 presented another problem (for me) which was un-fixable by all the "standard" means quoted on the web. So, I resorted to the re-installation of Windows/Retain all your files method to try and solve the issue. I THINK it may have fixed my new problem, but just for giggles I tried the Files2Folder  program again, and lo and behold, it now WORKS! No bets on how long it will stay working, but time will tell. FWIW - During the period that F2F did NOT work, I continued to search for a replacement. I found one, it works (although a bit slower, but it seems to be currently/actively supported. So, I'm now using THAT one. I won't mention it's name here, as that seems inappropriate to me. But, I WILL give a clue: same name only singular, via Google search. Good luck, if anyone cares. If not, c'est la vie! I still think this one (on this site) is a GREAT program, as long as  it continues working. Would still like to see it updated to more modern versions of Windows.

publicdomain:
Good luck, if anyone cares. ... Would still like to see it updated to more modern versions of Windows.
-kingguz (March 14, 2024, 02:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hello & good day @kingguz! Please feel free to check the "Folderize" coding snack thread:

* Folderize - Right-click to create folders with matching names or group (v0.1.0)
Folderize is supported, so feel free to request changes/improvements/fixes.

(BTW If it helps a fellow, it's an important scenario for sure :))

Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version