ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FolderCache 6.3.8.1

<< < (12/26) > >>

MilesAhead:
Folder Cache 3.2

Finally I incorporate some support for external search apps.  While the Gui Window is open, select an item in the list or type into the input filter.. then press Control-C.
The first time around you will be asked to choose the hotkey for an external search program.  For instance, you can use the FARR or Everything hotkey.  The Hotkey will be sent, then after a pause, the item text or text from the input filter will be sent via macro.

The hotkey selection dialog only supports 2 key combinations. If your search app is hard-wired for 3 keys or you prefer using 3 key combos for it, you can always link to it using a 2 or 3 line AutoHotKey script that listens for the 2 key Hotkey you assign in Folder Cache, and sends out the 3 key combo. (Even if you're not a programmer, to do this in AutoHotKey is very easy.)

I've played around typing partial folder names and using FARR and Everything Hotkey and it seems to work really well. If course if the search program isn't running to listen for its hotkey, the Folder Cache window will just go away.  No big deal. :)

To change the external search app hotkey, there's a command in the Tray Menu.
The current search app hotkey is saved to FolderCache.ini on close.

mediaguycouk:
Obviously what you do after I say this is totally up to you, it is your application...

I can't use your program any more due to an eye operation. I'm now using my PCs in high contrast mode (accessible through [Left Alt] + [Left Shift] + [Print Screen]) and your program ends up with black text on a black background.

I'm sure I'll start using it again after everything is better and you may find that it is a lot better to make things better for the 99.999999% of people who don't use any of the accessibility features.  :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
What operating system are you running?
If XP, I'm using the "ordinary" gui that should change with the system settings. If Vista or W7 try disabling Glass.  My program only changes the background color and text color from the system default if Glass is enabled.

edit: also have you tried doing anything with the Set A High Contrast Color Scheme setting?
Perhaps someone can mess around with combinations until my dialog looks readable.

mediaguycouk:
I'm only using this at work at the moment, which is XP SP3.

I'll have a go with the other contrast modes, but I'll have to find them. There is only one high contrast mode in the accessibility options (Control Panel > Classic View > Accessibility > Display)

mediaguycouk:
I've had a quick go. High Contrast #1, #2 and Black are invisible unless an item is selected. High Contrast White shows everything fine.

I'll have a go on Vista this evening when I put it on my home PC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version