ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Windows Search 0.3.0

<< < (32/36) > >>

Armando:
I gave the alias a try "(ws (.*)" and now it works!
-justauser (November 22, 2011, 08:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's actually: ^ws (.*)
I guess that's what you meant, but just making it clear here, in case someone else tries it...  :)

Armando:
Hi phitsc, I still get the EAccess violation error (mentioned in the thread earlier).
-Armando (November 21, 2011, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, thanks for letting me know. So I'll go over a second possible source of crashes next (making sure I use the Search API correctly, especially checking all exception cases).
-phitsc (November 22, 2011, 02:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Note that I'm still using it -- as for quickly searching Outlook, it's the best way around.

ewemoa:
I was able to test on a different installation of Windows 7 and had more success -- get results in FARR now :)

It is still puzzling to me though why via the windows key, "cmd" gives the result "cmd.exe" but with FARRWindowsSearch I get nothing.  Similar with "regedit".

Any ideas?

Armando:
I was able to test on a different installation of Windows 7 and had more success -- get results in FARR now :)
-ewemoa (November 22, 2011, 07:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cool.

It is still puzzling to me though why via the windows key, "cmd" gives the result "cmd.exe" but with FARRWindowsSearch I get nothing.  Similar with "regedit".

Any ideas?
-ewemoa (November 22, 2011, 07:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here... And... no idea !  :) I tried playing with the "Max items to search" option -- it shouldn't be related anyway --, with no success (predictably).
I'm actually not sure about the wording of that option -- shouldn't it be "Max items to display" ? Or maybe I'm not understanding what it does ?

Armando:
@Phitsc : I'm also getting the oleaut32.dll error, with an "access violation" message.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version