ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Windows Search 0.3.0

<< < (9/36) > >>

dantheman:
Just curious.

Is it normal that the extracted files to your plugin be dispersed in the FARR plugins section?
All the other ones have their respective folders.

Also, i wonder why i would need this propsys.dll on a freshly installed OS without any tweaking programs like CCleaner running?

phitsc:
Just curious.

Is it normal that the extracted files to your plugin be dispersed in the FARR plugins section?
All the other ones have their respective folders.
-dantheman (June 05, 2009, 04:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
No. That is certainly not correct! Make sure to unzip to a subdirectory instead of 'unzip here', or use Window's own 'Extract All...'.

Also, i wonder why i would need this propsys.dll on a freshly installed OS without any tweaking programs like CCleaner running?
-dantheman (June 05, 2009, 04:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
To be honest, I would expect propsys.dll to be installed on a freshly installed Windows XP or Vista. I found this: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/propsys-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

dantheman:
With last free WinZip version, i installed propsys.dll to manually created folder within FARR plugins section (after online Jotti's malware check), rebooted and still get same error message.  :(

Will follow up on your link later on in the day. Thanks!

phitsc:
With last free WinZip version, i installed propsys.dll to manually created folder within FARR plugins section (after online Jotti's malware check), rebooted and still get same error message.  :(

Will follow up on your link later on in the day. Thanks!
-dantheman (June 05, 2009, 04:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry for the misunderstanding. propsys.dll is not a FarrWindowsSearch dll, it is a Windows System dll (which is why it's so weird it isn't there). You'd have to copy it to the Windows\system32 directory.

dantheman:
phitsc,

I too am for not expressing myself correctly.
Yes, i did install the propsys.dll into the Windows/system32 directory.
That's why i rebooted.

After taking a peak at the link you gave, my system is in perfect shape and i don't plan on installing any registry tweakin' program as i'm not feeling any major slowdown in system operations.

I've used NOD32 before and there were no problems in that area when i first experienced that error message.

Patience!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version