ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Windows Search 0.3.0

<< < (5/36) > >>

drking:
Phitsc,

got it!  hot-digity-dog!  this plugin's awesome!   :Thmbsup:
thanks!

btw, i did have ms windows search 4.0 already installed, however a few things i had to fix on my end to get full function:  had to put ms search back into the startup folder - I guess I thought it was running since it was checked as running in msconfig/services.msc (well, you know... what can I say, I'm just a user, not an expert).    :-)    Also, I had many months ago unchecked 'allow indexing' via Mycomputer>properties>C:, so re-indexed ---now instead of searching  just 1400 files, is searching "10's of thousands'.

thanks again!   :)
Regina (drking)

phitsc:
You're welcome! Glad to hear you got it working. :Thmbsup:

phitsc:
WS seems interesting, especially with content search. On the other hand, I am a heavy user of locate32 (which with FARR provides a nice „two-tier” search structure). I would rather not run two very similar tools at the same time, so it would have to be one or the other... So probably the question is: is WS a good replacement for Locate32?
-Jabberwock (May 06, 2009, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Looks like you'll have to try them both yourself and answer your own question for the benefit of the rest of us ;)

achmed13:
When I use this plugin, it lets me search just fine, and FARR displays the results, and I can use the enter key to open the first result, but if I try to open any of the other results or if I just type "ws" and try to access the "options" choice, I receive the following error:

I am using Vista SP1 with UAC disabled, and FARR 2.61.02.

Thanks.

phitsc:
Are you using any FScript-based plugins? If yes, make sure to update them to the newest FScript version (see here)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version