ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Windows Search 0.3.0

<< < (4/36) > >>

mouser:
great stuff! thanks for the cheat sheet  :up:

mouser: any reason not to allow PDFs to be used as attachments directly?
--- End quote ---
im not sure.. with all the pdf vulnerabilities i just felt it was less of a risk to have a zip file.. less risk of accidental click.

phitsc:
The biggest problem I've got with WDS is that there's no real GUI for it, you've got to know all their secret incantations for any specific filtering.
-CWuestefeld (May 07, 2009, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, if you're not using the Windows Search Deskbar but the GUI that comes up if you double-click the WS tray icon, you are provided with a limited set of filtering options.

I was actually thinking about adding something like this to the FARR WS plugin. The plan was that if you typed 'ws' the first entry would be 'Search for...' and if you selected that (i.e. hit enter), you'd get a list like:
Appointments
Contacts
Email
Files
Music
Pictures
etc.

but as the interest for this plugin seems to be fairly limited I saved myself the work. And then hamradio would obviously also have to provide additional icons.

peter moore:
what about other search tools? i think there are some really interesting tools available!
i personally use Lookeen which sorts the results similar to PHITSC´s suggestion
I was actually thinking about adding something like this to the FARR WS plugin. The plan was that if you typed 'ws' the first entry would be 'Search for...' and if you selected that (i.e. hit enter), you'd get a list like:
Appointments
Contacts
Email
Files
Music
Pictures
etc.
-phitsc on May 08, 2009, 03:51:22 AM
--- End quote ---

and you can search multiple .pst-files, archives (also closed), open folders, exchange (..)

drking:
works flawlessly here.

pretty damn amazing..
just a note for people who don't understand what this means: Windows Search *indexes* the *contents* of files.
so you can now type ws KEYWORDS and get instant live file searching of the CONTENTS of files.

wow  :huh:

-mouser (April 23, 2009, 06:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mouser / Phitsc:  How to do this?  Can you give an example?  I can't get this option to work. Thanks.

phitsc:
Hi drking

To use this plugin, you'll first have to download and install Windows Search from the Microsoft website:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/desktopsearch/getitnow.mspx

then download and install the plugin as described in my first post.

Then you'll have to wait until Windows Search has indexed all your files. If you're running Windows XP, you'll see an animated tray icon (a magnifying glass) while it's indexing. If you're running Windows Vista chances are you already have Windows Search installed and your files are already indexed. When indexing is done, launch FARR and type ws search terms to query the index.

If you need further explanations just ask again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version