ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Windows Search 0.3.0

<< < (3/36) > >>

Jabberwock:
I realize it might be a stupid question, but how WS compare to Locate32 or Everything (I do not mean content search, of course, just files...)?

phitsc:
I realize it might be a stupid question, but how WS compare to Locate32 or Everything (I do not mean content search, of course, just files...)?
-Jabberwock (May 06, 2009, 07:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
With 'how' you mean concerning performance? or something else? (I probably can't answer your question anyway, but maybe someone else can...)

Jabberwock:
How? I do not know „how”... You don't expect a stupid question to make sense, do you?

OK, I'll make it less stupid (think first, post later *sigh*).

WS seems interesting, especially with content search. On the other hand, I am a heavy user of locate32 (which with FARR provides a nice „two-tier” search structure). I would rather not run two very similar tools at the same time, so it would have to be one or the other... So probably the question is: is WS a good replacement for Locate32?

IainB:
@phitsc
OIC! Thanks for the correction. Yes, it looks like I was confusing things.

CWuestefeld:
The biggest problem I've got with WDS is that there's no real GUI for it, you've got to know all their secret incantations for any specific filtering.

So I've just put together a cheat sheet containing all the interesting property names, and some other miscellaneous information. Attached is a PNG of the sheet, as well as a ZIPped PDF.
FARR plugin: FARR Windows Search 0.3.0

(mouser: any reason not to allow PDFs to be used as attachments directly?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version