ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Windows Search 0.3.0

<< < (2/36) > >>

kartal:
 I would have used this if damn WDS would index Thunderbird emails and contacts :(

phitsc:
I would have used this if damn WDS would index Thunderbird emails and contacts :(
-kartal (April 25, 2009, 02:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks like this is planned (at least for email and news), but not quite there yet.

See here: http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/3.0b1/releasenotes/

phitsc:
Now that phitsc has the framework working.. how long before he adds the other index search engines to it like Google Desktop Search, etc.  8)
-mouser (April 24, 2009, 11:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looking at the Google Desktop Search API description this seems like a perfect addition to s.newave's GooglePlus plugin. I can make a plugin for it though if s.newave doesn't want to add it to GooglePlus. Mouser, are you going to ask him?

IainB:
If a FARR search plugin could usefully include Google Desktop Search that could be v-e-r-y interesting - I use GDS quite a lot. It is brilliant. :Thmbsup:

However, If FARR included the MS Index Search, I have to say that I wouldn't be able to make use of it. The MS Indexing is the biggest resource hog and performance reducer I have ever come across, and for those reasons it is the first thing to be disabled on any PC that I use. Because of that, I thought that nobody actually used it! (But I guess some people must do, no?)

phitsc:
If a FARR search plugin could usefully include Google Desktop Search that could be v-e-r-y interesting - I use GDS quite a lot. It is brilliant. :Thmbsup:

However, If FARR included the MS Index Search, I have to say that I wouldn't be able to make use of it. The MS Indexing is the biggest resource hog and performance reducer I have ever come across, and for those reasons it is the first thing to be disabled on any PC that I use. Because of that, I thought that nobody actually used it! (But I guess some people must do, no?)
-IainB (May 06, 2009, 01:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
You might be confusing the Microsoft Indexing Service with Windows Search. The FARR Windows Search plugin will let you query the Windows (Desktop) Search index, which I think is different to the Indexing Service. I have Windows Search running and to be honest I don't think it is influencing my machine's performance noticeably. I have the indexing service disabled as well by the way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version