ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Windows Search 0.3.0

(1/36) > >>

phitsc:
Description
This plugin allows querying the Windows Search index using FARR. The full power of Windows Search's advanced query syntax is supported. And thanks to hamradio Outlook user will get nice icons when searching for their Outlook emails, contacts, calendar items, tasks and notes!

System requirements
Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista and Window Search 3 or newer.

Download & Install
Download the FarrWindowsSearch installer attached to this post then double-click FarrWindowsSearchSetup.exe to start the installation. I've tested the installer on both Windows XP and Windows 7 32-bit. If you'd rather install the plugin manually, you can download the zip file attached to this post, then unzip it into the FARR plugins directory (usually C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins) and restart FARR.

Usage
Type

ws [search term]

to query the Windows Search index.

See Windows Search advanced query syntax for a detailed description of how to narrow and refine your search.

Typing /a at the end of a query will switch to FARR's extended results list mode.

Credits
Thanks to Carroll (hamradio on donationcoder.com forums) for designing the icons!

Version history
0.3.0 - 18. November 2011

* Added option to use natural language search and made it the default
* Further attempt to improve stability
* Removed link to AQS web page as Microsoft removed it0.2.0 - 18. February 2011

* Attempt to improve stability0.1.0 - 23. April 2009

* First release

mouser:
wow this could be big.. can't wait to try.

mouser:
works flawlessly here.

pretty damn amazing..
just a note for people who don't understand what this means: Windows Search *indexes* the *contents* of files.
so you can now type ws KEYWORDS and get instant live file searching of the CONTENTS of files.

wow  :huh:

d4ni:
Nice there's a plugin to talk to a desktop search tool now :Thmbsup: As I do not really use WDS at this moment other than to index my e-mails I will not yet try it, but I could give it a go once I figure out the advantages of indexing my files -- I know exactly where my files are and what their contents are so I don't think I really need to.

Mouser; it's not exactly instant live file searching of contents as the file has to be indexed first ;) But perhaps WDM indexes on file changes (I don't know), so then it's semi-live searching anyway ;)

mouser:
Search as you type is what i should have said..

Now that phitsc has the framework working.. how long before he adds the other index search engines to it like Google Desktop Search, etc.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version