ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Easy Small Free Windows Language that does cool GUIs??

<< < (3/3)

wraith808:
If you like Delphi but want something newer than v5 and you want it for free, you could try the Turbo Delphi Explorer.

Of course you are not going to be able to just drag & drop and have magical custom shaped GUI's. You are going to have to learn how to code them.

I have done some interesting image based GUI stuff in Delphi, coding all the stuff for the buttons & everything myself, in Delphi 6.

Attached is a demo of what I did (buttons don't actually do anything, but it does display how they look when clicked). Eventually, when I finish what I want to do with it (might not be for a long time), I plan on releasing it as a set of components, but don't hold your breath waiting on that.
-app103 (April 25, 2009, 12:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, that wouldn't work, would it?  You can't install 3p components in Turbo Delphi Explorer...

pao:
Depending on what you mean by "cool GUIs," you might give Processing a look.  It's particularly good at artistic or data-driven graphical displays.  Not sure about unusually-shaped windows, however.

app103:
Well, that wouldn't work, would it?  You can't install 3p components in Turbo Delphi Explorer...
-wraith808 (April 25, 2009, 01:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, but the OP said he had Delphi 5, into which he can install 3rd party components. That's only 1 version behind the version I used to make that demo.

wraith808:
Ahh... I get it :)

MilesAhead:
Thanks to all for the suggestions.  I got my money's worth out of Delphi 5.  Guess it's time to forget about if it runs on Win9x and just go for XP and later.  Not everything should look like a text editor.  Guess I'll try to pay more attention to appearance. I enjoy using stuff like RocketDock myself, so why not? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version