ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Create folder structure or path

<< < (3/4) > >>

Target:
sorry to disappoint :-[

MilesAhead:
ChainCopy Beta    :Thmbsup:

edit: by the way if anyone notices any bugs feel free to post or you can email to the address shown in the Readme.txt file included with the download.

MilesAhead:
Note that I updated CreateDir  command line handling.
/q switch quiet mode for scripts and batch files
/? switch shows a Help Dialog

ex quiet mode usage creates folders without prompting

CreateDir /q  dir\sub1  dir\sub2 c:\somedir\subdir2

fhayes:
I've been using this nifty free tool from RJLSoftware to do exactly what you're asking. It's called "TreeCopy"   
From the authors site:

Have you ever needed to copy a directory structure without copying the files? TreeCopy now makes this possible. Our small program will allow you to select the "from directory" and "into directory", and it will proceed to copy ONLY the directory structure. The utility is bundled with functionality such as a command line interface, calculate directories, Windows XP look and feel and much, much more!TreeCopy is a free download, so try it out.

oops, sorry, I see you've already found this one. Guess I should read the whole thread before posting..

DonL:
I would like to be able to create a 'copy' of a path. 

For example, let's say I have a file in this folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\

I would like to copy this file to D:\temp so that the path becomes like this:
D:\temp\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\-IrmaIsfot (April 22, 2009, 05:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
Late revival, I know. But it happens to fit so well...

The latest XYplorer 11.00 features this functionality as "Copy Here With Path",  "Move Here With Path",  "Paste Here With Path". See http://www.xyplorer.com/release_11.00.htm#CopyWithPath

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version