ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: simple loop machine for wav, mp3, etc. files

<< < (9/9)

TaoPhoenix:
You can't even browse to Looper.exe in the Open With dialog?
Right-click audio file > Open With > Choose Program... > Browse... button > Choose Looper.exe
-skwire (September 07, 2012, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Naw, more confusing than that. That dialog comes up, I do all the commands, select "always use selected program", and when I hit ok, out comes... "welcome to the Windows Media Setup". And before that it went to the other default music player.

It's just completely ignoring that me as user selected a program to play with and went looking for what it thinks is the default program. Side note: I've seen this a couple times before, notably trying to get certain pictures to open with Firefox, and a few more obscure ones. Do programs need to "register a setting" to be "qualified as programs to open with"?

skwire:
I've no idea what's going on with your computer.

TaoPhoenix:
Heh - well okay, then! I'll go back to my back on nonsensical remedies for nonsensical problems!

I'll get it eventually. I had it before.

TaoPhoenix:
I am very sad!

I also just discovered that it doesn't seem to be playing Tracker files! I have an Impulse Tracker song (for example) that works fine in XMplay and doesn't load at all in Looper.

So maybe some weird setting in my machine is doing the volume thing, and some standard concept that Swire is pulling for Looper is hitting a corner case on my machine.

I'm becoming a pest!  I might be able to search the web and find more countercase programs, but isn't that Apples and Oranges? I just liked the idea of Looper because I just park an mp3 player on a song. But I don't want to drag Swire into a mystery hunt just for me!
-TaoPhoenix (December 16, 2011, 04:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think I found the answer to this too.

When a program says it "wants to associate files" sometimes it "fights hard not to give them up". So XMplay was my program for playing most music. But "behind that" were several other programs based on using this comp for 7+ years. Deliplayer, WinAmp, and more. So the article below (second half) shows that you need to "unhook" the other programs too, especially the icons. But the last wrinkle is that before the "Advanced" button shows up, it says "Restore" first. So you Restore the icons to the second-to-last program, THEN pick a new icon (say from Looper), THEN do OpenWith-Choose Program.

Whew!

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/change-file-icon/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version