ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: simple loop machine for wav, mp3, etc. files

<< < (4/9) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Sure, I can do this in one of two ways; single instance or multiple instances.  What's your pref?
-skwire (December 12, 2011, 12:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hallo! Thanks for replying. I think this would be nice as an option under Edit/Options. It could be fun to "stack" instances so you add a drum, then a base, then a riff, etc. However my main use is just looping single songs at work, so I'd prefer One Instance. Then I just double click various songs, and Looper switches to that song until I settle on that hour's song. Double click another song, switch again.

Quick note - On my machine (Win 7, fairly high resolution) the Options menu looks kinda squished and starts wrapping the option wording. Maybe you would think about making the options menu some 25 pixels wider or such.

This forum sounds like fun because I like these kinda of "bare metal" mini-apps.   : )

P.S. If you got really inspired, when you Show Looper, a simple progress bar might be nice so you could roughly click about on it to check "oh, was it this song?" etc. Same theme, just leaving Looper open, if you "always hate this part" you just click past it etc.

Cheers,

--Tao

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.4 - 2011-12-12
    + You can now pass a file to Looper and it will try to play it.
    + Added seekbar.  (Thanks, TaoPhoenix)
    + Volume setting is now saved.
    + Looper is now Unicode capable.  Due to this change, Looper is now only
      supported on WinXP or later.
    ! Fixed 120 DPI issue with Options dialog.  (Thanks, TaoPhoenix)

DONE:  simple loop machine for wav, mp3, etc. files

TaoPhoenix:
Thanks for working on this!

Unfortunately we might need a bug fix! There's a couple of really bad ones!

Browsing now looks for "File Type B" (What's a B???) Occasionally it looks for other equally silly things. This of course means you can't browse for any music file at all!!  (The first time - then when I reload the browse box I get what looks like files but it doesn't load. Of course I had to rename a file .B, but that then just locks it up! Heh.)

Something seems fuzzy with the volume - it seems to artificially drop the volume level - for example you can raise the volume up and the act of moving the volume bar *drops* the volume, until you click the progress bar, at which point the volume comes back!

Also, the progress bar is a bit fuzzy - it wants to move in equal fifths or something, so the longer the song, the more it jumps over. With effort you can drag it, but it would be better if the bar just moved to where your mouse is, not mechanically jumping 20% ahead.

At least it does seem to find doubleclick-passed songs now, so that feature is mostly there by now.

Sorry to be a pest!

skwire:
Browsing now looks for "File Type B"-TaoPhoenix (December 13, 2011, 05:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed.  This was due to the Unicode changes I made in the last build.

Something seems fuzzy with the volume - it seems to artificially drop the volume level - for example you can raise the volume up and the act of moving the volume bar *drops* the volume, until you click the progress bar, at which point the volume comes back!-TaoPhoenix (December 13, 2011, 05:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

The volume control seems to work fine for me.  Drag the volume thumb to the right, the volume goes up.  Drag the thumb to the left, the volume goes down.  Maybe I'm not understanding what you're describing?  What OS are you using?  Also, any custom windows theme?

Also, the progress bar is a bit fuzzy - it wants to move in equal fifths or something, so the longer the song, the more it jumps over. With effort you can drag it, but it would be better if the bar just moved to where your mouse is, not mechanically jumping 20% ahead.-TaoPhoenix (December 13, 2011, 05:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, this appears to be a limitation of the standard msctls_trackbar32 (slider) control.   

New build here:

Website | Download
v1.0.5 - 2011-12-13
    ! Browsing for a file was broken due to Unicode changes.  (Thanks, TaoPhoenix)

TaoPhoenix:
Okay, the browse part is fixed now! Too bad about the slider limitation, oh well. (How hard is it to get another slider?)

As for the volume, put simply, "drag the bar to the right, volume went down" (!!). This was on my home machine with Win XP, though there's a slight chance the sound card on it is starting to go, but it doesn't do that in any other program I use. 

V 1.05 on my Win7 machine at work seems okay, so I'll try later, maybe I'll get lucky with a "mystery fix".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version