ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend to me the BEST USB stick to get

<< < (4/19) > >>

sgtevmckay:
PAP= Portable Applicatios, Linux distro (ie, Ubuntu, red hat, SUSE, etc)

Trust me, once you own own one of these, you will understand when I say, I couldn't say it any plainer :P

superboyac:
Ok, thanks for clearing that up!  So...if i understand you correctly, you're saying the 4 GB is too small, I might as well get 16 GB?

steeladept:
How about a 4GB Kingston Datatraveler HyperX?  Only about $25 (vs. $45 for the PNY).  Capless design.
-superboyac (April 19, 2009, 06:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I actually found that my PNY device was MUCH cheaper elsewhere.  Specifically I believe I found it cheapest at Amazon, IIRC.  TigerDirect is a good place to look at as well.

Just found this article that suggests the OCZ Rally2 Turbo or the Super Talent 200x.  I know the Super Talent one was shortlisted for me last time I was looking too, so that may be an even cheaper alternative.  Additionally, Super Talent has several different form factors, many at the 200x speed.  I sort of like the Pico line myself now that I see that (it wasn't available when I was looking before).

steeladept:
Ok, thanks for clearing that up!  So...if i understand you correctly, you're saying the 4 GB is too small, I might as well get 16 GB?
-superboyac (April 19, 2009, 11:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
If the speeds are equivalent, I would agree, but it looks like the speed sweet-spot right now is at the 4GB (except for one bizarre option for a 64GB according to that last link I provided)

mouser:
here's the usb drive i would get, purely for its size, so it can be put on a keychain:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B001AMI91E

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version