ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend to me the BEST USB stick to get

<< < (2/19) > >>

Shades:
Have a 8Gbyte Kingston Datatraveler...very happy with that one. Still works after a trip through the washing machine and a physical "beating" from a playing kid who managed to move my PC case with connected stick some 10 cm further than physical room allowed.

But even as it is bent like an old soldier, it still works without hiccups.

steeladept:
Corsair makes some pretty rugged drives.
Corsair Flash Voyager GT – Fastest USB pen drive in the world?

Tip: Try and get one whose cap isn't easy to lose.
-nosh (April 19, 2009, 04:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Find me a USB Stick with a cap that isn't integrated into the design that is?  They all last about 2-3 months before they end up missing/lost/falling off/etc.  The best I found for this so far is SanDisk, and they are still easy to loose.  If that is the biggest issue, get one that swings out like my PNY XLR8. 

(Actually that was one of my requirements when I was looking.  I hated the caps)

superboyac:
Interesting info...

Yes, I definitely want the speed.  But I also would like to avoid the cap.  If I keep it in my pocket, I can see the cap coming off.  Hmm...maybe the cap is the dealbreaker.

OK, so what's the fastest attached-cap drive?  Is it steeladept's PNy above?

superboyac:
Find me a USB Stick with a cap that isn't integrated into the design that is?  They all last about 2-3 months before they end up missing/lost/falling off/etc.  The best I found for this so far is SanDisk, and they are still easy to loose.  If that is the biggest issue, get one that swings out like my PNY XLR8. 
 (see attachment in previous post)
(Actually that was one of my requirements when I was looking.  I hated the caps)
-steeladept (April 19, 2009, 04:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
I like it...the only problem is that it's at least twice the price of other sticks of the same capacity!

superboyac:
How about a 4GB Kingston Datatraveler HyperX?  Only about $25 (vs. $45 for the PNY).  Capless design.  Supposed to be pretty fast.
See here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134615

See review (roundup) here:
http://www.testfreaks.com/blog/information/16gb-usb-drive-comparison-17-drives-compared/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version