ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Geek gadgets - Calculators...

<< < (10/10)

rjbull:
But does that old VB IDE work on Vista Home Premium?-app103 (May 04, 2010, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you mean, do old versions of the compiler etc. work on Vista Home Premium, I don't know, I don't have access to them.  Perhaps you could port the source code to Pascal or whatever it is you use yourself?

And how about Win7? And what kind of future could it have if Microsoft isn't supporting that IDE any more?

--- End quote ---

Don't know.  What sort of future would the world have if Microsoft didn't support it any more?

app103:
Perhaps you could port the source code to Pascal or whatever it is you use yourself?
-rjbull (May 05, 2010, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

While he did supply me with the source, it is not open source. Therefore, if I were to port the code and make any improvements, it could only be for my own use. I could not distribute the modified version, either in compiled or source form.

It is something I have considered, though.

rjbull:
While he did supply me with the source, it is not open source. Therefore, if I were to port the code and make any improvements, it could only be for my own use. I could not distribute the modified version, either in compiled or source form.-app103 (May 05, 2010, 08:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, I see...  I had indeed assumed that it would be open source.

It is something I have considered, though.
--- End quote ---

If you do recompile it, it would indeed be nice to be able to release it.  For now, though, TapeCalc "just works" and as a user, not a programmer, that's good enough for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version