ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Geek gadgets - Calculators...

<< < (5/10) > >>

J-Mac:
What, statistics? Forget it! Stick with the programs! You could easily learn the required math, but you would then continue with the software instead. Much too long, makes manual calcs inefficient.

Jim

Darwin:
What, statistics? Forget it!-J-Mac (May 20, 2009, 12:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D

Lies, damned lies, and statistics, eh?!

Seriously, I follow what you're saying - and take some comfort in it  :)

Dormouse:
faster than my friends can find the results with calculators!-J-Mac (May 17, 2009, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I always find this a problem. Not finding the results with the calculator, but finding the calculator in the first place

phitsc:
I have an HP 48GX. Served me well when I was studying (electrical engineering). It's lying here next to me on my desk, telling me that it wants its batteries replaced. I sometimes still use it to add up some numbers. ;)

If you have a Windows Mobile phone (or Pocket PC), you should add YaRPNcalc to your collection. You'll find a link to it in my signature. :)

Darwin:
Have now owned an HP-33s for a couple of months - it's a nicer little calculator than I expected. However, the 35s DOES allow you to edit and re-use equations typed in while in ALG mode - this addresses one of Superboyac's criticisms of the 33s, which doesn't allow you to do this...

I also have a 48gx now - awesome grapher but SLOW!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version