ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Request for help: graphic designer/writer to make an old-timey 2-page wackyness

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
I posted recently about the new member kits i'm trying to prepare to send out to members.  A member kit is just fancy word for some fun stuff that can get put into an envelope.

I've been including a really boring "letter" that is only a couple of paragraphs long.

What I want to do from now on is include a super-dense double-sided page that is in the style of one of those old timey advertisement-laden newspaper rags, crammed edge to edge with fun made up stuff relating to donationcoder.

Just stuff that would make people smile, with some insider jokes perhaps.  I was thinking we could have oblique references to cody, skrommel, and various things.  Let's set it in the late 1800s or early 1900s.. (how will we explain software to an audience from the 1800s??)  let's include some crazy "coupons" maybe some jokes, etc.  i really just want it packed edge to edge with curiousities.

Is there someone who thinks they might be up for this task and want to give it a try?  Let me know! ([email protected])

Target:
sounds like the 'what other people are saying' page might be perfect fodder for this...

mouser:
I'd really like to revive this.. any takers?

KynloStephen66515:
any takers?
-mouser (December 07, 2010, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Any examples for those of us who dont have a clue about the type of thing you want?

mouser:
im not sure the actual style matters but this is what i envisioned as the ideal kind of look:
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&biw=1587&bih=1039&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=sears+robuck+catalog&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version