ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How many people does it take to fix a phone?

<< < (2/2)

SKesselman:
Just buy a cheap  phone and use pay as you go cards.  Chuck the phone when it breaks down and purchase another one.  I've had a cheap phone for two years and it's still working.  You will not have to contend with customer services.  Mind you, I hardly use my phone.  I use it for purposes for brief communication such as meeting someone, calling a cab or for security reasons; potential emergencies.
-herneith (April 14, 2009, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm getting close to doing this, it's just that if I did, I'd really have to admit that there is no hope for the $500 POS I have now.
I wouldn't even trust this thing to help me out in a jam, & isn't that the main purpose of a mobile phone, anyway?

For tech support, I have AT&T. This means I have to be sick in bed or something when I call, so I can nap during transfers (being on hold) to the next available agent.

I put off calling tech support for as long as humanly possible, no matter what the problem; it is almost as frustrating as the software/computer/phone itself.
Thankfully, I do not remember my first tech support call.  :)

herneith:
Sell your phone to a business that refurbishes them and resells them or try and trade it in for a cheaper model with pay as you go cards.  I'm always getting fliers with refurbished phones and electronics.  Unless you need it for business purposes I don't see the need for some of these phones.  Usually if you use these Blackberries or other similar phones the company pays for them.  If that's the case then keep it.  Some of these phone are costlier than a computer! 

SKesselman:
Sell your phone to a business that refurbishes them and resells them or try and trade it in for a cheaper model with pay as you go cards.  I'm always getting fliers with refurbished phones and electronics.-herneith (April 17, 2009, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's a great idea, thanks! Didn't know there were any businesses that bought used phones.  :Thmbsup:
Maybe I could sell my POS Treo, too!!! I'm sure they don't pay too much, but hey, one less unused object in my apartmentand and a few dollars wold be nice.

herneith:
Just Google businesses which buy and resell refurbished phone.  They are in the appear to be infinite!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version