ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A Vista printer utility that saves ink like InkSaver?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Target:
eggsactly

MerleOne:
Still, for those who have a nicely working inkjet printer, inksaver is really effective.  Not only it reduces the quantity of ink used, but I find it improves the quality, when using low grade paper : less ink = less smear (if that's the right word).  So I would definitely like to have a vista version, long time promised by the publisher (the developer has probably left the company...).  I also found no real equivalent.

I never tried installing it on Vista, because of what the publisher says :
"Any PC running Windows® 2000, XP Home or XP Professional (if are using Windows Me or Windows 98 click here). Note: InkSaver does not currently support Windows Vista; we are in the planning stages for an updated version of InkSaver to support this new OS."

rancohn:
That "planning stage" has been for over 3 years now. I have kept checking every few months.  >:(
Is this is a utility that could be suggested here? A Vista version of inksaver? I can but hope... Fineprint is superb but has this one lacking feature.

Darwin:
laser toner is going to be MUCH cheeper than inkjet ink isn't it?
-mouser (April 13, 2009, 08:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
If you mean black, laser toner won't be such a financial birden  ;)

-cranioscopical (April 13, 2009, 10:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

eggsactly
-Target (April 13, 2009, 10:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Seriously, though, to address the OP's original question, I'm not aware of an InkSaver-type app for Vista.

Incidentally, what version of Vista are your running? I'm surprised InkSaver won't install/run. Have you tried installing with administrator privileges?

4wd:
How about ecoPrint2 ?

$39.99 for the Ink and Toner Saver or $59.99 for the Pro version which adds a few more bells and whistles but it does say Vista 32bit compatible.

Can always try it and see if it's worth the money.

Seriously, though, to address the OP's original question, I'm not aware of an InkSaver-type app for Vista.
-Darwin (April 15, 2009, 08:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

I thought you'd learnt1 by now Darwin: Google.  >:D

* Result number 6 *

EDIT: And way, way down the results was a link to a printer that was for sale, ( :huh:....what's he on about?), which had a reference to this: 4X Ultrasaver

1. A not so obvious reference to this previous post. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version