ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Sort files into folders based on type

<< < (2/4) > >>

wr975:
Reading your request I thought, I could use this application myself. Being a bit bored at work, I gave it a try.

>un that sorts the files into various folders based on their types
>It would need to be able to identify and place all of these file types into folders:
Done

>Folders (thereby making a folder of folders
Done (but I'm not sure if that's what you want)

>preferably in a (user stupid) editable format
I tried (see the ini file)

>INI files that have an EXE counterpart
Done (good idea, btw)

Please test it with few files until you trust it enough to let it on your 7 GB file archive.

See attachment for compiled Authotkey script + source code.

Edit: Here's a screen video: http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stUE5VSk1IR1pWQlVUX1NbU1dc

Edit: Updated attachment (rev2) (found a tiny bug which didn't affect my work pc, but home pc... strange)

Edit: Updated attachment (rev3). Just noticed it moved existing folders in existing folders...  :-[ blame it on AHK's documentation or me, for not testing it.  :-\

Edit: Updated (rev4). Feature request.

wreckedcarzz:
Awesome! I'm downloading it now and will give it a go over the next couple days as I continue downloading and see how it fairs. :)

wr975:
I hope it works for you. ;) Please be sure to use the new version I just uploaded.

wraith808:
Robobasket.  I purchased it on BDJ for 9.95.  I haven't really used it yet, but maybe it will help you.  Normal price is 19.95.

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/robobasket/

wreckedcarzz:
I hope it works for you. ;) Please be sure to use the new version I just uploaded.
-wr975 (April 10, 2009, 03:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, I have yet to try it out, but am updating now :)

Robobasket.  I purchased it on BDJ for 9.95.  I haven't really used it yet, but maybe it will help you.  Normal price is 19.95.

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/robobasket/
-wraith808 (April 10, 2009, 09:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll check that out now :Thmbsup:

EDIT: @wr975 Good looking app, testing it now, but why is direct input disabled for the two textboxes to specify the folders? :'( I changed the option myself (glad I know AHK) but it is worth mentioning that Windows takes FOREVER to open the Network computer list, so allowing direct input would be something I would allow by default.

EDIT 2: After some failed testing, I disabled the Folders sub and it works great now (I guess it was trying to move the folders that MoveOut already had for me (exclude list might help?), so 6.5GB or so of processing isn't AHK's forte). One request: when it moves the EXE+other extension files to Apps, can it make a folder inside of
Apps with the same name of the programs so that it doesn't become a mish-mash of Program/INI/Program/INI/Program/ICO... etc?

Example:

Downloads folder before any action:
MySuperProg.exe
MySuperProg.ini
MySuperProg.ico

Current setup:
Apps\MySuperProg.exe
Apps\MySuperProg.ini
Apps\MySuperProg.ico

Theoretic setup:
Apps\MySuperProg\MySuperProg.exe
Apps\MySuperProg\MySuperProg.ini
Apps\MySuperProg\MySuperProg.ico

--- End quote ---

I would try it myself, but I haven't worked with AHK for anything beyond basic scripts for a couple of years now :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version