ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Sort files into folders based on type

(1/4) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
I did a little bit of searching and surprisingly didn't find anything to do this (except for music-related circumstances), so here goes...

I have a Downloads folder on my home server machine that is past 7GB and climbing (yes, I actually DO clean it out :P). I need a program that I can run that sorts the files into various folders based on their types (or file extensions, it doesn't matter one way or the other to me). It would need to be able to identify and place all of these file types into folders:

* Folders (thereby making a folder of folders, but if the folder of folders already exists, don't put THAT folder into a new folder... :huh: :P)
* EXE
* MP3
* MP4/FLV
* ZIP/RAR/7z/JAR
* ICO
* PNG/JPG/GIF
* INI
* PDF
* and more, preferably in a (user stupid) editable format
In addition, INI files that have an EXE counterpart with the same name should both be placed in a folder with that name (for coding snacks and whatnot).

Anyone able to take this?

skwire:
Skrommel's MoveOut might work for you.

wreckedcarzz:
Skrommel's MoveOut might work for you.
-skwire (April 08, 2009, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not exactly, but pretty darn close. Had forgotten about that little app :-[ Thanks

lanux128:
maybe tchikien's Dekstop Teleporter and/or lifehacker's Belvedere may offer some options.

Note: Dekstop Teleporter link is down atm.. :-\

PhilB66:
Note: Dekstop Teleporter link is down atm.. :-\
-lanux128 (April 08, 2009, 11:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

A mirror download link @ http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Desktop-Teleporter-Download-100095.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version