ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Misbehaving Tray Icon

<< < (2/3) > >>

PhilB66:
PastIconsFlusher (scroll down to bottom of page) does the same as "Remove Past Items From Notification Area" script.

PastIconsFlusher is a tiny open-source program which quickly and effectively clears the Past Notifications Area in the Customize Notifications area in Windows XP and Windows Vista. It does this by deleting two registry keys and restarting Windows Explorer; this is done in as safe a manner as possible.
--- End quote ---

The second script will hide/unhide "Inactive Icons" in the "Notification Area"

siouxdax:
PhilB66: I'm not sure I follow you. But then, I'm in dire need of some sleep. I think I'll wait and tackle this issue tomorrow if it's all the same to you. :)

gpetrant:
Should doubt and trepidation overcome you, concerning using those excellent scripts, an alternate or two for your consideration:

http://www.innovative-sol.com/system-tray-cleaner/

http://www.pssoftlab.com/

PhilB66:
PhilB66: I'm not sure I follow you. But then, I'm in dire need of some sleep. I think I'll wait and tackle this issue tomorrow if it's all the same to you. :)
-siouxdax (April 07, 2009, 06:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Was just trying to ease your concern about running the scripts.

siouxdax:
PhilB66: Thank you very much for your consideration. I'm not computer illiterate, but I know very little about the nuts-and-bolts end of things. I heard somewhere that running scripts was bad juju, but then they may have been full of s**t.

I did notice, however, that the "save settings and exit" on line 54 is a bad link. It just took me to some random looking page, but then that may have been a script in disguise. LOL.

If I set a system restore point prior to running the script(s), would that keep things safe, just in case?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version