ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Desktop progress meter

<< < (10/22) > >>

skwire:
The data is saved in the meters.xml file.  I'm working on a fix for the zero totals issue as well.

Scott_Y:
Thanks, skwire; I'm backed up now.

Scott_Y:
Two observations about BBQ 1.0.3:

1. When started, it always opens the configuration interface -- even though it was minimized to the Tray when last closed. I think this is unnecessary. I prefer to have it open in its last state. (BTW, Show Meter Bars is set as the double-click-on-icon action.)

2. As already noted, it sometimes zeros all Total fields. Sometimes it also zeros all Number fields. It may delete some of the fields and not others. But sometimes it leaves all fields intact. This happens between exiting the program and restarting it, never when BBQ is running. I haven't found any pattern for when it zeros the fields or not.

skwire:
1. When started, it always opens the configuration interface -- even though it was minimized to the Tray when last closed. I think this is unnecessary. I prefer to have it open in its last state. (BTW, Show Meter Bars is set as the double-click-on-icon action.)-Scott_Y (January 10, 2013, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can add a "Start minimized" option.

2. As already noted, it sometimes zeros all Total fields. Sometimes it also zeros all Number fields. It may delete some of the fields and not others. But sometimes it leaves all fields intact. This happens after exiting the program and restarting it. I haven't found any pattern for when it zeros the fields or not.-Scott_Y (January 10, 2013, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I never saw this under XPSP3/32 but I have now since I upgraded to W7/64 recently.  What OS are you running?

BTW, apologies for the delay in getting this updated; my regular job has been rather busy lately.   :-[

Scott_Y:
Sorry, I should have mentioned my OS; yep, it's Win7/64. Which is also why meters.xml gets written to C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\...

I wonder if saving it to another location would solve the data loss bug.

Start minimized would certainly be nice, and appropriate for a Tray app. Thanks.

No need at all to apologize for the time this takes. I think in the context of DonationCoder, the learning process and community interaction are as valuable as the results. BBQ has good potential, so it's worth waiting for. I'm in no rush, just take your time. I very much appreciate your effort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version