ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Desktop progress meter

<< < (4/22) > >>

skwire:
possible request: use a standard file format for configuration (xml?) so that alternative tools could also use the same configuration files?
-mouser (April 12, 2009, 11:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
I wasn't planning on it but I went ahead and implemented it.  It currently looks like this:

--- Code: Text ---<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><meters version="1.0">  <meter>    <title>Groping for Truth</title>    <type>articles</type>    <number>6</number>    <total>8</total>    <bar_fg_color>Blue</bar_fg_color>    <bar_bg_color>Aqua</bar_bg_color>  </meter>  <meter>    <title>The Swordsmith's Son</title>    <type>words</type>    <number>6486</number>    <total>12000</total>    <bar_fg_color>Purple</bar_fg_color>    <bar_bg_color>Fuchsia</bar_bg_color>  </meter></meters>
Apologies for the delay in providing something tangible to play with; I just need to implement a few more things before releasing the first version.  As always...any ideas on a name for this?

mouser:
looking great.  :up:

skwire:
Here's something to play with:  Barbecue

It's not finished by any means but it should give you an idea of where I'm going with this.  Give it a play and let me know your thoughts.

ToDo:

1) Proper tray menu (clicking the tray icon will show the meters, etc.)
2) Your ideas here...

skwire:
I uploaded a new build with some basic tray handling added.  Now, closing the main window will just hide it to the tray.  If you want to exit the app, choose File, Exit or Exit from the tray menu.  Double-clicking the tray icon will show the meters.

raybeere:
It looks great to me! You even made it portable. And I like the tray functionality. That makes it easy to access whenever you want to check it out. It makes a very excellent tool. :Thmbsup:

I did think of one feature some people might find useful, assuming it can be added easily. An option to add a line (below the title or at the bottom of the meter) with a deadline is something I suspect some users will ask for, although personally I'd find it a bit like decoration on the icing on the cake - nice enough, but the cake is just as sweet without it. :)

Is it okay to spread the word about this, or would you rather I wait?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version