ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Desktop progress meter

<< < (2/22) > >>

raybeere:
I posted a similar request recently and it was added to TopBar, a project by dc member jake78:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=13908.0
-mouser (April 09, 2009, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, I looked over the project you mentioned. The principle is similar, but your idea was for a date based progress bar. While useful in its own right, it is different than what I had in mind. I think I'm just going to have to wait until I learn enough coding. I found a web page that generates HTML/JavaScript to include in a simple HTML page for a meter much like what I want (http://honorless.net/progressbar.htm), so I guess my goal should be to see if I can learn enough about how this page / the meters it generates work to translate the process to something like AutoHotKey, tweak it for the details I want, and have it generate the meters on a transparent window on my desktop. Does that sound like a sane approach, or am I headed up the wrong tree?

mouser:
sounds reasonable, but i think it sounds like something that might be a good coding snack.. maybe try to formulate a more concise description of what you would like the tool to do, and maybe a coding snack author will give it a try.

skwire:
I've got some ideas rolling around in my head for coding this up.  I think it's quite a bit more than a coding snack, though.

1) How many meters were you thinking of?
2) I was thinking of a main listview that would aggregrate all the meters' information.  The meter GUIs themselves would be based off of this.

raybeere:
1: I didn't have a specific number of meters in mind; personally, I have 11 projects active right now that I'd track with this, but the number might go up or down over time.

I found a web page that generated code, which I was able to play with to put together a HTML page with meters, which might give a better idea what I'm talking about. I'm attaching a screen shot of my HTML page with the type of meters I had in mind.

The essential points are this: The title (top line of each meter), and the last word(s) on the bottom line need to be user specified. The target count would be specified in the beginning; every gain in a project would either be added (650 more words) or the total gain would be updated. The simplest option for the user would be to simply add that day's count, of course. The background and the progress section each need to have custom colours set for them (the lighter background on two are items I'm ready to start editing). I assume calculating the percentage would be pretty simple, as it is a very basic formula (done/target)*100

Custom font colours would be nice but are not as important, especially if at least the basic background and font colours could be set for the overall list. Not sure if that answers all your questions...

(Sorry about the image, I'm not sure what the issue is. I thought I'd used too low a quality setting when I saved, so I did another one. I checked this one first, and it looks fine on my computer. If I click on the image in the "footer" to the message, the result seems okay, too. If I put the image in the message, it appears smeared and blurry.)

skwire:
I was going to write the meters using standard Windows controls but, if you would like it done via HTML like this, please send me the HTML you used.  I still plan to use a listview to allow management of the meters but I can dynamically generate your HTML from it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version