ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Desktop progress meter

<< < (5/22) > >>

mouser:
very cool.
an option to allow bars to be clicked on to adjust the position in the main progress display would be nice.

skwire:
An option to add a line (below the title or at the bottom of the meter) with a deadline is something I suspect some users will ask for-raybeere (April 14, 2009, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the kind compliments.  Try the latest and see if this is what you had in mind: Barbecue

Is it okay to spread the word about this, or would you rather I wait?-raybeere (April 14, 2009, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, feel free.

an option to allow bars to be clicked on to adjust the position in the main progress display would be nice.-mouser (April 14, 2009, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

This will be a little more complicated since the the Progress Bar isn't really designed for this sort of thing in AHK.  However, I managed to do it for Trout so I'll see what I can do for this app.

skwire:
I'm trying to track down a bug where the meters.xml file is getting deleted.  Soooo...if you have a lot of meters configured, back that file up for the time being.

raybeere:
if you have a lot of meters configured, back that file up for the time being.
-skwire (April 15, 2009, 02:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I assume I have to back up any file I don't want to lose... I've had programs that ran perfectly - and some other app that didn't even have any business in that folder came along and deleted files on me. That has happened to me almost as often as, ummm, that well known technical issue: operator error. ;D

I will wait to post about this until the bug has been fixed, though. Too many of my fellow writers have a distressingly unfounded faith in the infallibility of anything digital. I know someone whose only copy of their 300,000 word novel was on their hard drive, and someone else who had fifteen years' worth of work they left on floppies. Notice the tense I used...

Try the latest and see if this is what you had in mind:
--- End quote ---

Exactly like that. I'm impressed.

skwire:
I will wait to post about this until the bug has been fixed, though.
-raybeere (April 15, 2009, 03:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think the meters.xml deleting itself was due to me watching that file with another editor as I was developing this.  I changed up the loading/saving routines so they should be much faster.  Also, here are some built-in shortcuts for manipulating the listview:

ctrl-a: Select all
ctrl-u: Deselect all
ctrl-i: Invert selection
ctrl-up: Move continguous selection up a row.
ctrl-down: Move continguous selection down a row.
Delete: Deletes a selection.

You can use the ctrl-up/down to order your meters (since they are generated from that order).

Barbecue

Anybody able to come up with a better name for this so we can call it done?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version