ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anybody Know About DiskTune?

<< < (2/3) > >>

sajman99:
Thanks to all posters for the heads up on DiskTune. For now, I am very happy with JkDefrag's performance (0% fragmentation at present) but DiskTune looks like one to watch carefully.

MerleOne:
The main download link seems to be down now.  But this one does. http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/DiskTune-Download-122757.html

sajman99:
Looks like it's been over a year since the last release. The author has noted DiskTune is a sideline/hobby project, but I really hope he continues development.

There's some pretty neat stuff in this free defragger, like the VSS safe-mode feature and online MFT defrag.

Also, the DiskTune help file has some of the most straightforward info on defrag that I've been able to find.

majoMO:
Since app. has no bugs and/or too many annoyances, it seems to me that there aren't reasons to do too much updates.

Puran Defrag e.g. is a very good defrag that no needs to be released always. To DiskTune is the same. I don't upgrade ever MyDefrag - even the oldest versions are reliable and effective.

sajman99:
majoMo, you're probably right that DiskTune is good enough as is, without any updates. But (at least on my dual core system) it runs very slowly-- so much so that I haven't really bothered to thoroughly test it. If the author could somehow boost the defrag speed it would become a much more attractive defrag option.

You're definitely correct about Puran Defrag--I switched to its free version some while ago and am very satisfied.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version