ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: MouseLocater - automatic highlight cursor when mouse is moved again

<< < (3/4) > >>

wr975:
Just try running Sonar5 and use CTRL-ALT+S to show/hide the sonar ring/square, it then hides in the system tray
-kip (April 08, 2009, 10:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
Or just activate Microsoft's mouse sonar and press Control. But the idea is, to a.) show the mouse sonar without pressing a key and b.) go away after some seconds. Using Microsoft's mouse sonar in my script did not work out, as it won't display if the mouse moves.

MilesAhead:
Yes, yes, yes... AutoIt is better. No doubt. But instead of explaining a working script would've been fine.  :P
-wr975 (April 08, 2009, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

The OP wanted or at least attempted to program it.  I provided some pointers in the right direction.  I don't see how doing it all for the person gets them there.

wr975:
This is "Coding Snacks": Someone requests a program, another one codes it. It's not "Programming School".  The thread starter can learn from the source code and make it better.

I don't see how doing it all for the person gets them there.
-MilesAhead (April 08, 2009, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's where we disagree. I got interested in Autohotkey because years ago I requested a coding snack and Skrommel coded it for me. This was very helpful. I studied the source code, got interested in Autohotkey, started writing my own simple scripts and now do own tiny script applications with GUIs doing a lot of things. Telling me "Hey, use Autoit. It has For While and Do loops and Select Case like basic" back then would've been not helpful at all.

IMHO, if you want people to get interested in AutoIt, praising its benefits is nice, but posting applications ("See how easy it is done?") would be more effective.

MilesAhead:
This is "Coding Snacks": Someone requests a program, another one codes it. It's not "Programming School".  The thread starter can learn from the source code and make it better.

I don't see how doing it all for the person gets them there.
-MilesAhead (April 08, 2009, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's where we disagree. I got interested in Autohotkey because years ago I requested a coding snack and Skrommel coded it for me. This was very helpful. I studied the source code, got interested in Autohotkey, started writing my own simple scripts and now do own tiny script applications with GUIs doing a lot of things. Telling me "Hey, use Autoit. It has For While and Do loops and Select Case like basic" back then would've been not helpful at all.

IMHO, if you want people to get interested in AutoIt, praising its benefits is nice, but posting applications ("See how easy it is done?") would be more effective.
-wr975 (April 08, 2009, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't see how your approach of telling the OP to use a utility that doesn't fulfill the requirements is more helpful than mine.  If  you insist
on posting working code then please do so, instead of seeking to control others.

rpnfan:
Just came home from work and found your post :)

Anway, here's a quick and dirty Autohotkey Script using the freeware utility Sonar5.exe found at http://www.fxc.btinternet.co.uk. See attachment for script + Sonar5.exe.
-wr975 (April 08, 2009, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you very much for the time to program the "Auto-Sonar" script. This basically works :-) It has some drawbacks -- for example pressing Win-key after the idleTime will also activate Sonar, also scrolling with the mouse will also activate the sonar and block scrolling for the "sonartime". I'll lock into the source to understand it and think/hope I can change it according to my wishes. The working example script will get me going :)

P.S.: Regarding my aim to post this wish. I want the program, and do not neccessarily want to work out a solution by myself. But of course I can not expect someone to write a solution, although I will be glad when someone does. I already tried to write this little program, but failed so far. I'm pretty busy at work and in the short time between with my family and kids, so even if I would like to spend more time on learning to use Autohotkey I'm here mostly interested in a working solution, where it doesn't matter that much to me where the solution comes from. I'm willing to invest my own time, but unfortunatelly time is limited and even if I would like to do many interesting and good things I can't do them all... :o  So I'm reallly grateful for your help you've given me here, as I have already spent quite some time to figure a solution out by myself :)

On an unrelated note. I've seen you're german speaking. I came up with a script for german keyboard users which is especially interesting if you touch-type ("blind maschineschreiben"). If you're interested you can test it. I came up with a new improved german keyboard layout which only _adds_ chars and functions to the keyboard but does not alter or remove the default ones. Extremly handy to speed up daily work in general and especially when coding or using special chars like []{}\ and so on often. I'm using it for over a year now with great success. I will be writing an article to introduce this keyboard layout, but before submitting the article to a computer magazine I'm looking for beta-testers if the article is good to understand and if the keyboard layout should be modified. My wish is that this keyboard layout is so good and general usable, that it can become some sort of standard as an improved german keyboard layout. Therefore I call it "DeutschlandPlus keyboard layout", because it just _adds_ functions and doesn't change any of the default keys on a german keyboard. So if somebody wants to test it or has an idea where to look for beta-testers I'm open to suggestions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version