ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Stupid Question: File Type Change: Icons

(1/3) > >>

siouxdax:
I feel stupid asking this, but I just can't figure it out. I just changed the default program for my PDF files from Foxit to Acrobat Reader, but the icons still show up as Foxit. It does open with Acrobat Reader now, but the Foxit icons remain. How do I fix this?

Coeluh:
I feel stupid asking this, but I just can't figure it out. I just changed the default program for my PDF files from Foxit to Acrobat Reader, but the icons still show up as Foxit. It does open with Acrobat Reader now, but the Foxit icons remain. How do I fix this?
-siouxdax (April 02, 2009, 12:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Open up a explorer window and then click Extra (or tools or something) - Folder view and head for the tab file types. There you can change all kind of stuff, and the icon.

siouxdax:
I don't mean to sound rude, but your instructions are less than clear. I know how to change file types. I'm trying to convey the fact that when I change the file type, the icon does not change with it. I am left with the "generic" file icon.

superboyac:
There is a program called Types:
http://types.sourceforge.net/

It's a file association manager, and it's pretty cool.  Of all the ones I've come across, this one is my favorite, and it's free.  I don't know if it changes icons, but try it...it may.
[edit]  it can definitely change the icon, i see it on the screenshots on the website.
Most every other file association tool I've tried is more hairy or quirky than I cared for.  At one point recently, I really did an intense search for programs like these, and this is the one I settled for.

cranioscopical:
-siouxdax (April 02, 2009, 12:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Did you reboot yet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version