ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Need some help to capture a streaming video please.

<< < (2/3) > >>

4wd:
Doesn't mouser's very own URL Snooper do this sort of thing?
-superboyac (April 02, 2009, 07:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I actually tried that and it did come up with URLs but not knowing exactly what I was looking for I failed miserably  :(

Blame to tool wielder not the tool.

mouser:
Just to clarify, url snooper only locates urls, not downloads.

It sounds like huge credit to Orbit downloader and Grab++ since i really had no idea how to grab flash video.  This is pretty big since people are always asking how to record swf flash videos and I always have to say I don't know.  Now it sounds like 4wd found a solution.

Shades:
Which FLV player did you use?

I used a piece of software from Nirsoft to get files from the cache. While that worked I got the files but were not able to do anything with most of them.
Until I used a specific FLV player which showed them without any hick-up.

Can't remember the name of the player, but if you want I can take a look....when I get home.

4wd:
Which FLV player did you use?

I used a piece of software from Nirsoft to get files from the cache. While that worked I got the files but were not able to do anything with most of them.
Until I used a specific FLV player which showed them without any hick-up.

Can't remember the name of the player, but if you want I can take a look....when I get home.
-Shades (April 02, 2009, 09:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was just using the Adobe Flash Player plugin for Firefox.

Trawling the cache was the first thing I tried but I couldn't find anything remotely near the size of the FLV, (~24MB), the biggest was only about 3MB, (I flushed the cache before trying it).

I even did a search of all my drives for files created within the last 30 minutes with no luck.

I then assumed that it was downloading straight to the player which was decoding in RAM on-the-fly which seemed to be born out by the fact that whenever I jumped to a different spot in it, (after I had run through it completely once), it would have to download that section again rather than just using the cached file.

katykaty:
4WD, there's an email on the way to you. I'd edit your post to mangle your email address if I were you though in case a spambot picks it up

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version