ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Using noscript to force https ssl links in firefox

<< < (3/5) > >>

Shades:
@mouser:
During my "hunting" on the net some three years back, a promising free SSL CA was found. They were really upset by the money grabbing paws of every CA company. But their concept of free cert's for most purposes looked really interesting.

After reading the posts in this thread my memory woke up and went looking for them again. They are still alive and kicking (in Israel of all places). At the time they were busy getting themselves recognized and being included in the default list of CA's from browsers. Don't know how far they got with that nowadays, but maybe they are interesting enough for DonationCoder?

Gothi[c]:
that way FF would bitch less

--- End quote ---
Not much less :) The only reason I haven't even bothered is because ff still makes you do 3 or 4 (haven't counted?) clicks just for a self-signed cert.

Gothi[c]:
In fact, I think it's the same amount of clicks, just a different 'error' msg

f0dder:
Gothic: might be the same amount of clicks, but while I don't have much of a problem accepting a self-signed cert, I would certainly prefer one that actually matches the domain/hosts used :)

brahman:
Hi Folks,

isn't there a way to change the default behaviour of FF to accept faulty certs? I have been wanting to change that, because right now I simply switch to Opera for these sites.

I also forgot how to set up a site as an exception to be accepted with a faulty cert. Could you tell us how to accomplish that? They made it really confusing and if you don't do it all the time the procedure is just forgotten.

Thanks.

Regards,

Brahman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version