ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Farr and Rainlendar?

<< < (6/6)

skajfes:
Okay, my first attempt at an alias -- for those who simply want to add an event or task to your default Rainlendar calendar via the command line:

Save the following code as rainlendar.alias to your FindAndRunRobot\AliasGroups\MyCustom folder.

--- ---<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Legacy" ?>
<!-- This file defines aliases for use by the Find and Run Robot program (https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/index.html). -->
<FarrAliasFile>
    <FileFormatVersion>1</FileFormatVersion>
    <AliasSetDescription>Rainlendar command line alias</AliasSetDescription>
    <AliasEntry>
        <AliasText>rld</AliasText>
        <Score>1000</Score>
        <Regex>^rld (.*)</Regex>
        <Results>
            <Result>Rainlendar $$1 | %PROGRAMFILES%\Rainlendar2\Rainlendar2.exe --add=&quot;$$1&quot; </Result>
        </Results>
    </AliasEntry>
</FarrAliasFile>

Then in FARR, simply type rld and the event details (without quotes -- the alias adds the quote marks), e.g. type:

rld meeting tomorrow at 7pm

The alias will add the appointment to your Rainlendar default calendar. Hopefully. Works for me anyway, with the latest version of Rainlendar.

You'll need to change the location of the Rainlendar executable (%PROGRAMFILES%\Rainlendar2\Rainlendar2.exe in the alias) if you did not install Rainlendar to the default folder.
-johnk (July 11, 2009, 06:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, rainlendar can accept command line arguments that allows you to create an event. It uses default template for saving events. last time I checked, you were not able to change the category of an event or the calendar the event is saved to.

Not to advertise, but my plugin can to that, and more. You can search events and tasks, sum total time taken on tasks in a period of time etc. if you want to try, you can find the zip attached somewhere in this thread.

mouser:
skajfes, i think people may overlook this plugin.. perhaps it needs a thread of its own in the plugins subforum (https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?board=246.0)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version