ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

UltraEdit Review and Giveaway ($50 value)

<< < (4/4)

zridling:
Thanks mrainey, Mofi is great there on the UltraEdit forum. mwang, I really love EmEditor and the upcoming version 7 is really going to be special, and perhaps for the first time, compete with UltraEdit's feature set.

mwang:
I'm afraid I'm not as enthusiastic about the upcoming v7 of EmEditor as you do, Zaine. Took a peek of the planned features list a while back and didn't see the thing I wanted the most -- full column editing capability. Don't have time to check out the betas at the moment, though, so I'd be happy to be surprised.

alweisenborn:
I too own a lifetime license so there is no need to make me a winner. I have been using UltraEdit almost since its beginning. It is bar-none the best text editor out there. It gets a great workout as a IDE for the NSIS Installer. It provides a complete environment for NSIS including:

* syntax highlighting
* compile
* run
* review compiler output
* access NIS help
I also use it as a general purpose editor for perl, php, html, etc. As another user mentioned, the column mode is a life saver when needed. On particularly nice feature is the conversion function that lets you convert from DOS format to Unix format. Sorting of lines and summing of columns is handy too. I highly recommend this software.

One should also take a look at UltraCompare, it is a great tool for looking at the differences between files.

Jibz:
Posting in a 2 year old thread makes that look far less like a commercial :-[.

Disclaimer: I'm old and cynical ;D.

wraith808:
And to think, because of the necro-posting, I almost necro-posted to a 2 year old comment thread to win an UE license...  have to be more careful about looking at dates...  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version