ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A question, maybe you guys can help me...

(1/2) > >>

TheGiant:
Is there a way, say I can run something in the background, that can run programs or scripts, such as autohotkey scripts automatically say when it detects a device connected. Like when I connect my iPod, I can run things in order like iTunes, or whatever instead of just iTunes when I connect it. I can automate the programs with like AutoHotKey scripts, but I don't know how to detect when my iPod is connected.

mouser:
this might be a good idea for a coding snack - if no one knows an existing program i'll move it over there if no one knows an existing program.

a question that might help to figure this out -
does anything "happen" already when the device connects?
ie a new icon in tray, a messagebox that is displayed, a change in the drive list in explorer.. i.e. anything that a program watching could look for and trigger on..

jazper:
Most likely WM_DEVICECHANGE would be of assistance in this situation....

j.

brotherS:
Is there a way, say I can run something in the background, that can run programs or scripts, such as autohotkey scripts automatically say when it detects a device connected. Like when I connect my iPod, I can run things in order like iTunes, or whatever instead of just iTunes when I connect it. I can automate the programs with like AutoHotKey scripts, but I don't know how to detect when my iPod is connected.
-TheGiant (December 09, 2005, 10:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Such rather vague questions are better to be asked in the forum on http://www.autohotkey.com/ where there are LOTS of AHK experts - here are still only a few. How long have you been using AutoHotkey now? It's great, huh? :)

jpfx:
I think the OP is open to programs 'such as' authohotkey so here's a good place, though I have no recommendations myself, vague or otherwise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version